Hi, I’m Chrissi and am the Youth Worker with the churches in Blythe Bridge and Forsbrook. Me and my husband moved from Nottingham in August 2008, where we lived for 3 years. I grew up in London and moved to Stoke when I was 18 to study at University.
I used to work at Signal Radio and The Sentinel before leaving to work full-time with young people in Bentilee. I also worked in Newcastle with the youth bus, travelling around and meeting people in different areas.
I’ve been working in churches with young people for over 8 years, and while I was in Nottingham completed my Youth Work training. I’ve run groups in junior and senior schools in the past as well as doing assemblies and running groups in church.
If you want to know more about what’s going on in churches in the area, get in touch on 07792 574478 or via our Contact Us form on the Top Menu Bar.
Youth Work Report
Generally groups are going well. Numbers are growing or stable and we’re interacting well with children and young people in schools and in the community through all the groups we run or are involved in. To aid your prayers and thoughts I’ve included details of when and where each group meets (on the back) and below I’ve included some specific points for prayer over the next two months.
Praise God for…
· Spiritual and numerical growth at Mish Mash
· Many people giving their time to make the groups happen
· Open doors in schools for us to go in freely to share God’s message
· Breaking down barriers between the church and the community through all that we do
Please Pray for…
· Saturdays – The Hub Club management group (which includes Chrissi & Archie) are under increasing pressures and it’s difficult to make the time to meet and discern the right way forward.
Please pray we will see a clear positive outcome at the AGM in January and for improved communication
· Finance – Current funding runs out in 12 months and we’re seeking sustainable funding from a variety of sources to help us plan for the next three years
· Chrissi – Health issues mean I need to be more careful with what I do, and how I do it. Please pray this won’t hinder the great things God’s doing here and now!
Is to help people into a relationship with God, through Jesus Christ and help them to grow in that relationship.
Warm & Friendly:
You will find St Peter’s and St Margaret's to be warm and friendly family churches.
Please explore this developing web site and come and pay us a visit, you are guaranteed a warm welcome.